Hello Again OCC!
September was a fun filled meeting with lots of roses and a pin being given out. It is always a pleasure to see members receive recognition for their hard work. Now we are looking forward to our October meeting which is our annual birthday bash! We will have Lauren Dane and Deb Werksman as our speakers. Deb will also be taking pitches after the bash from 3:30-5:00 pm in the conference room, while we have a book signing at the same time 3:30-5:00 pm in the Tut area of the hotel. Remember the birthday bash theme is Once Upon a Time so come up dressed as your favorite fairytale character! It starts on Friday night with the Write In that will be in the conference room from 8-whenever and then the Bash all day on Saturday with the PJ parties later in the evening starting at 7:30. It will be wicked fun for all and promises to be a great weekend.
It’s almost time for our annual elections. If you’re interested in running here are the following available positions:
- Vice President of Communications
- Vice President of Programs
A nomination form is included in this newsletter and hard copies will be available at the October meeting. Deadline to submit your nomination is October 10, 2015 at the Birthday Bash. Please give it to Kathy Rowland the secretary for our chapter. It can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The next step after that would be for the nominees to submit their bios and pictures to Tyree Pace at email@example.com for the November Orange Blossom Newsletter. These pictures and bios need to be submitted no later than October 26, 2015.
- A copy of the approved bylaws (that need to be voted on by chapter members) will be available upon request at the meeting. They will also be posted online in the members section of the www.occrwa.org website and the newsletter.
- Voting will take place at the November 2015 meeting and elected members will be announced at the December 2015 meeting.
Once again, my fellow authors thank you for all that you do and your commitment to OCC RWA where our motto is: “One hand reaching forward, one hand reaching back, in a continuing chain.”
Aka Nikki Prince