April is just around the corner, and a few days later, the April 10th Contest Deadline.
If you are planning to enter and have your writing reviewed by the many fabulous published author volunteers, please ensure that you allow for sufficient mailing time.
Thank you to those contestants who have already submitted their entr(ies).
This is shaping up to be a fantastic contest year,
2010 Orange Rose Contest Coordinator
* * * PERMISSION TO FORWARD * * *
Twenty-Seventh Annual Orange Rose Contest for Unpublished Writers
NEW! Electronic Entries for RWA Members who reside outside the continental
Deadline: April 10, 2010 – Limited to the first 150 entries
Enter: Synopsis and beginning of unpublished manuscript (first 55 pages maximum)
* Contemporary Category Romance
* Erotic Romance
* Historical & Regency
* Mainstream with Romantic Elements
* Paranormal/Time Travel/Fantasy
* Romantic Suspense
* Single Title Romance (over 70,000 words)
Fees: OCCRWA Members: $25.00, Other RWA Members: $35.00
First Round Judges: 3 published authors
Top ten finalists will be announced July 10, 2010 and are chosen by their
overall score, NOT by category.
Finalist manuscripts are judged by two editors who acquire in the appropriate category for the finalist entry(ies) and are selected AFTER the finalists are determined.
The final round editor/judges in 2009 were:
* Beth Adams, Guidepost Books
* Alicia Condon, Dorchester
* Selina McLemore, Grand Central
* Talia Platz, NAL
* Danielle Poiesz, Pocket Books
* Emily Rodmell, Steeple Hill
* Diana Ventimiglia, Harlequin
* Deb Werksman, Sourcebooks
* Adam Wilson, MIRA/HQN
Cash prizes: 1st - $100, 2nd - $75, 3rd - $50, 4th - $25
Rules/Entry Form and Sample Score Sheet: http://www.occrwa.org/orangerose.html
Questions: Contest Coordinator: Lynn Nissen. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org