"Writing Inspirational Romance." with Gail Gaymer Martin.
Monday, August 11, 2008, through Sunday, September 7, 2008.
Enrollment is now open.Enrollment information including PayPal instructions: http://www.occrwa.org/onlineclasssignup.html
ABOUT THE CLASS:
What makes Inspirational Romance different from secular other than references to God? This genre has often confused writers who think they are stories about people going to church, praying, quoting scripture and falling in love. But it’s so much more than that. You will learn the differences between secular and inspirational romance as well as techniques for all writers on creating powerful romances that capture readers and keep them turning pages. Isn’t that what we all want?
This course will include:
- Understanding the Christian worldview, the needs of CBA publishers and what it means to the story you create.
- Learning the differences between secular and inspirational romance and how to keep it real.
- Using backstory effectively to strengthen the faith journey of the hero and heroine.
- Creating compelling, flawed characters with and without a strong faith.
- Developing a faith message that shows growth in the characters and becomes a takeaway for readers.
- Acquiring methods of adding spirituality without being preachy.
- Illustrating the differences between sensuality and sexuality in inspirational romance.
- Presenting passion and desire appropriate to Christian publishers. This course will utilize explanations, detailed how-tos, and illustrations from inspirational romance novels along with exercises you can use to hone your craft. You’ll get answers to your questions and receive a list of resources to help you develop as an author in this very popular and growing genre. You will gain enough information to identify your strengths and weaknesses and will have resources to help you continue the journey.
For a full class roster, go to http://www.occrwa.org/onlineclasses.html
Want to be notified personally two weeks before each class? Be sure you're signed up for our Online Class Notices Yahoo Group! Sign up at the bottom of http://www.occrwa.org/onlineclasses.html or send a blank email to OCCRWAOnlineClassNoticesfirstname.lastname@example.org